Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year Begins

Well it is New Years Day and the Holiday Season is almost over.   I haven't made any New Years resolutions but I suppose I should have made one to post in this blog more often.

Well what did I do over the Holiday?  We didn't have the normal Christmas dinner of Turkey and all the trimmings.  We had sushi instead and repeated it again for New Years eve.  The holidays provide a good excuse for drinking Champagne.  Over Christmas we had a bottle of Piper-Heidseck Brut.  Then on New Years Eve we opened a bottle of Lanson Black Label Brut.



The Piper-Heidseck was very strongly brut, light coloured with lemony citrus aromas.  The Lanson on the other hand was a darker straw colour, a richer and slightly less brut champagne.  Which do I prefer?  I like them both.



We will be continuing drinking the Lanson tonight with more sushi.



A Happy New Year to every one who makes it to this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment